Want to become a volunteer?
Volunteering should be something that you choose to do and that you enjoy doing.
It is a two-way relationship which should benefit you and the people, organisation or service that you would like to helping.
People of all ages and backgrounds can and do volunteer.
Before you decide to volunteer, you might find it useful to ask yourself some of these questions:
- Why do I want to volunteer?
- What do I enjoy doing?
- What skills do I have?
- What skills do I want to learn?
- How much time can I give?
The benefits of volunteering are varied, you can:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn new skills / gain different experiences
- Help your career prospects
- Have fun and combine your interests / use existing skills
- Put something back into the community
- Keep yourself active and occupied
If you are interested in volunteering at Pokesdown and Southbourne Children’s Centre whilst also developing skills and gaining experience in the voluntary sector then do contact us and ask about volunteering opportunities.
Join our Parent Forum
Parent’s Forum is one in which you are invited to come along to share in talking about the running and direction of the centre. Meetings will take place regularly, parents get together to talk about ideas, feedback from other parents, successes and concerns. These meetings are very relaxed and everyone is welcome.
Our partnership with parents is key to our work at Pokesdown and Southbourne Children’s Centre.