Want to become a volunteer?
Volunteering should be something that you choose to do and that you enjoy doing.
It is a two-way relationship which should benefit you and the people, organisation or service that you would like to helping.
People of all ages and backgrounds can and do volunteer.
Before you decide to volunteer, you might find it useful to ask yourself some of these questions:
- Why do I want to Volunteer?
- What do I enjoy doing?
- What skills do I have?
- What skills do I want to learn?
- How much time can I give?
- The benefits of volunteering are varied, you can:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn new skills / gain different experiences
- Help your career prospects
- Have fun and combine your interests / use existing skills
- Put something back into the community
- Keep yourself active and occupied
You said - we did...
We are keen to hear your views on how we can make things more enjoyable and supportive for you as a family. Here are our latest responses:
You said: “Can you describe the activities available on the timetable?”
We did: All descriptions can now be found on the inside pages
You said: “Could we try an evening Parents Forum meeting starting at 7 pm?”
We did: the next meeting is planned for 7pm on Thursday 5th June
You said: “Love the courses that have been on offer in the past eg. Cooking on a Budget”
We did: apply for funding to continue with more cooking. Watch this space….
Whilst at Parents Forum a mum told us: “I’ve learnt loads today, will definitely come again.”
Our next Parent Forum date is:
Kinson and West Howe - Thursday 5th June from 7- 8.30pm (Moore Ave). No creche available